PRESENTATION SOFTWARE: POWERPOINT AND PREZI
• Developing a PowerPoint presentation.
• Linking between Office applications.
• Creating accounts for cloud computing.
• Using a public folder in either Windows SkyDrive or Dropbox.
• Create a basic website using Google Sites presentation using Prezi.
You will create presentations in both Microsoft PowerPoint and Prezi, and use a cloud storage service to upload a publically viewable version of your PowerPoint presentation.
GENERAL ASSIGNMENT SPECIFICATIONS
In this assignment you will submit your assignment using the online submission form. This assignment requires you to submit three items:
• A PowerPoint presentation (pptx) file: You will create a PowerPoint presentation that fulfils the requirements listed.
• A URL to an online version of your presentation.
• A URL for a presentation in Prezi.
Steps to complete the assignment:
1. Create a presentation using MS PowerPoint:
Follow the requirements as described below.
2. Create another presentation using Prezi: You will create and host a presentation using Prezi.
STEP 1: CREATE A POWERPOINT PRESENTATION Create a PowerPoint presentation on one of the topics listed below:
STEP 2: CREATE A POWERPOINT PRESENTATION
Create a PowerPoint presentation on one of the topics listed below:
• Alan Turing (A--C)
• Cyber bullying (D--G)
• Privacy and Facebook (H--L)
• Securing your System (M--N)
• Spreadsheet Errors (O--R)
• Failures and Risks in Computing (S--T)
• Therac--25 (U--Z)
The presentation should be between 4 and 6 slides long. All slides should comply with the organization rules out-- lined in class
REQUIREMENT 1: SLIDE MASTER
• Choose a theme. Then, modify the theme by choosing a different colour scheme
• Make a change to one of the Slide Master layouts. For ex, you might delete a graphic, add a graphic, or change one of the fonts.
• Insert a footer which contains the text, "Created by<> <>". The Slide Master will specify the footer location—you can keep it inthis location. Include the slide number in the footer. Do NOT place the footer (or slide number) on the title slide. The second slide should have thes lide number
• Select a transition. Use the same transition on all slides.
REQUIREMENT 2: TITLE SLIDE:
• Add a title for your presentation. Also add your name.
• Add an image to your title slide. Use xPert (see text box) to find an image for your presentation. Use “Get Image with Attribution" (either size). Then copy and paste this image into your first slide. Resize the image so it fits in with your template design.
REQUIREMENT 3: CONTENT SLIDES:
• Include two or three content slides. Add a title for each slide, and at least two bullet points.
• Animate the content so the main points enter individu-- ally, upon a click. (Note the custom animations below.)
• Add a solid shape (such as a callout) to at least one con-- tent slide. Modify the shape to include text.
• Customize the animation so the slide title appears first, then the shape. Then each bullet of text should appear individually.
• Add a graphic to one of the content slides. Then add a hyperlink to the image. For ex, you could add an image of the University of Manitoba, and then hyperlink the image so it opens to the U of M Homepage. • Customize the animation so the hyperlinked image appears immediately after the last main point. Note: Add the attribution for the graphic in a textbox.
REQUIREMENT 4: CHART SLIDE:
• Create (or use an existing chart) in Excel. Use Paste Special -- Paste Link to insert the chart into the presentation. Hint: Try changing the data in your spreadsheet. The linked chart should be updated with the new data.
• Add a title to this slide. See Figure 3 for an ex of the Chart slide. Animate this slide so the chart appears after the title.
CREATE A LINK TO YOUR PRESENTATION USINGA CLOUD STORAGE SERVICE (E.G. GOOGLE DRIVE, WINDOWS SKYDRIVE OR DROPBOX) Which option should you choose? That answer might be more obvious to you after you’ve created your Prezi. Why? The topic of your Prezi is to contrast at least two different cloud--storage systems. CLOUD STORAGE Research the pros and cons of Cloud Storage Systems. Three popular Cloud Storage Systems are Google Drive, Dropbox, and Microsoft SkyDrive. Other cloud storage systems include iCloud and Amazon. You may also choose a service not listed in the assignment.
• Research Cloud Storage systems. Keep track of the strengths and weakness of each option. Choose a service to use for this assignment.
• Create an account on a cloud storage system. Note: you may use an existing account.
• Store your PowerPoint file on the cloud.
CREATE A BASIC PREZI
PowerPoint is no longer the only option for presentation software. One upcoming option is Prezi. Prezi presents the user with a virtual canvas that you can add pictures and text to, and then zoom around the canvas. For this assignment you will create a Prezi that contrasts two or more cloud storage services. Technical requirements of your Prezi:
• Your Prezi must have at least four frames.
• Your Prezi must have enough bulleted points to effectively contrast at least two cloud storage systems.
• Your Prezi must contain at least two images. Hint: Put images inside a frame. Note: Be sure to use images that are licensed for reuse. Also, be sure to add attributions for all images.
• Your Prezi must have a path that effectively zooms through the parts of your presentation. Note: Try to avoid making your audience nauseous.
• Your Prezi should have at least two links to URLs.
• Your Prezi should be free from glaring errors or problems. Keep working until you have a site you are proud of.