1) Consider the following set of processes which arrive in the ready queue at the same time:
Process CPU time
Consider the following scheduling algorithms:
First Come First Serve (FCFS), Shortest job first (SJF) and Round Robin (quantum = 1)
• Compute turnaround time of each process for each of the above scheduling algorithms?
• Compute waiting time of each process for each of the above scheduling algorithms?
2) prepare a shell program to convert decimal number to its hexadecimal equivalent.
3) Construct Context Free Grammar for the “While” and “Switch” Statement of C Language.
4) Compare and contrast the significant features of WINDOWS VISTA and UBUNTU (Linux) operating system.
5) prepare shell program to determine sum of alternate digits in a given 5 digit number. Also, draw flow chart for the program.
6) describe advantages and disadvantages of using stream-oriented approach in UNIX system rather than record-oriented approach.
7) prepare UNIX commands for the following tasks:
(a) To print location of first difference after comparing 2 files.
(b) To search files for lines that match a particular string pattern given.
(c) To search for the given pattern in a file and display its count.
(d) To append contents of file1, file2 to file3.