Assignment: Inventory Management Systems
Your sister owns small clothing store. During a conversation at the family dinner, she talks about her frustration with having to manually track and reorder high demand items. She will like the automated system but has a very small budget.
prepare a 4-5 page paper in which you create the plan for a low-cost automated inventory system in which you:
1. describe all the essential equipment.
2. Describe the costs involved in creation of the system.
3. describe the ongoing maintenance that would be required.
4. Provide a workflow diagram in Visio or equivalent software to show how the system would work.
Your assignment should follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references should follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include the cover page containing title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
• Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams/charts should be imported into Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific Course Learning Outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• describe the types of business needs which could be addressed using information technology-based solutions.
• Create requirements for a system through a formal technique that enables a productive change in a way the business is conducted.
• Use contemporary CASE tools in process and data modelling.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in systems analysis and development.
• prepare clearly and in brief about Systems Analysis and Development topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.