Ask Question, Ask an Expert

+61-413 786 465

info@mywordsolution.com

Ask Computer Engineering Expert

Connect 4 on a General Board

You can try out the classical connect-4 game at:

http://www.mathisfun.com/games/connect4.html.

While the classical connect-4 game is played on a 67 board, it can in fact be played in any nrRowsnrCols board. In your implementation, the user will specify the number of rows nrRows and the number of columns nrCols. A win is obtained if a player has four consecutive pieces in a row, column, or diagonal.

Your program should implement the game for two human players. Extra credit, up to 20 points, will be given for the design of the graphical interface. You could enhance your graphics by using sounds as well.

For additional extra credit, up to 30 points, you could implement a computer-playing strategy. Extra credit points will be given based on the strength of the computer play.

Alternative Projects

As an alternative to connect-4, you could implement:

  • Sokoban, see http://www.game-sokoban.com/, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokoban
  • Breakout, see http://www.play.vg/games/10-Breakout.html
  • Nine Men's Morris, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine Men's Morris
  • Mini-chess, see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minichess, the Gardner variant.
  • Backgammon, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backgammon

In addition to the interface, the ability of the computer to play the game will be taken into consideration. There will be up to 20 points of extra credits for the graphical design and up to 30 points of extra credit for the strength of the computer play.

Computer Engineering, Engineering

  • Category:- Computer Engineering
  • Reference No.:- M9257

Have any Question? 


Related Questions in Computer Engineering

Espn pays the nfl 11 billion per year for 8 yrs for the

ESPN pays the NFL $1.1 Billion per year for 8 yrs for the right to exclusively televise football. What is the NPV of the investment if the parent Disney CO has an opportunity interest rate that is equal to the cost of ca ...

A real estate office manages 50 apartment units when the

A real estate office manages 50 apartment units. When the rent is $550 per month, all units are occupied. However, for each $55 increase in rent per month, one unit becomes vacant. How many units should be rented to maxi ...

The expectations theory suggests thata the slope of the

The expectations theory suggests that a.) the slope of the yield curve reflects the risk premium incorporated into the yields on long-term bonds. b.)the yield curve should usually be upward-sloping. c.)the slope of the y ...

Sales bar chartwrite a program that asks the user to enter

Sales Bar Chart Write a program that asks the user to enter today's sales for 5 stores. The program should then display a bar graph comparing each store's sales. Create each bar in the bar graph by displaying a row of as ...

Question research parallel computing and prepare an

Question : Research parallel computing and prepare an informal paper 2 -3 pages in length, single spaced with a blank line beltween paragraphs. The response must be typed, single spaced, must be in times new roman font ( ...

Assignmentthe results of the spec cpu2006 bzip2 benchmark

Assignment The results of the SPEC CPU2006 bzip2 benchmark running on an AMD Barcelona has an instruction count of 2.389E12, an execution time of 750 s, and a reference time of 9650 s. 1) Find the CPI if the clock cycle ...

Suppose the following matrix represents the number of saws

Suppose the following matrix represents the number of saws ordered from your company each month over the last year. saws = [1,4,5,3,7,5,3,10,12,8, 7, 4] All the numbers should be zero or positive. (a) Use an if statement ...

If you want to answer a research question regarding whether

If you want to answer a research question regarding whether a particular group of subjects experiences any significant changes in behavior as they age but you do not have the time or money for a traditional longitudinal ...

Imagine a small city chambana with a labor demand function

Imagine a small city Chambana with a labor demand function E=200-1/2w and a labor supply function E=2w-100. Assume that there is a sudden influx of 40 perfect substitutes immigrants. a. How does this affect the natives i ...

A company is considering producing a new product based on

A company is considering producing a new product. Based on past records, management believes that there is a 70 percent chance that the new product will be successful, and a 30 percent chance it will not be successful. M ...

  • 4,153,160 Questions Asked
  • 13,132 Experts
  • 2,558,936 Questions Answered

Ask Experts for help!!

Looking for Assignment Help?

Start excelling in your Courses, Get help with Assignment

Write us your full requirement for evaluation and you will receive response within 20 minutes turnaround time.

Ask Now Help with Problems, Get a Best Answer

Why might a bank avoid the use of interest rate swaps even

Why might a bank avoid the use of interest rate swaps, even when the institution is exposed to significant interest rate

Describe the difference between zero coupon bonds and

Describe the difference between zero coupon bonds and coupon bonds. Under what conditions will a coupon bond sell at a p

Compute the present value of an annuity of 880 per year

Compute the present value of an annuity of $ 880 per year for 16 years, given a discount rate of 6 percent per annum. As

Compute the present value of an 1150 payment made in ten

Compute the present value of an $1,150 payment made in ten years when the discount rate is 12 percent. (Do not round int

Compute the present value of an annuity of 699 per year

Compute the present value of an annuity of $ 699 per year for 19 years, given a discount rate of 6 percent per annum. As