1) Design the functional elements of measurement system and describe in detail.
2) describe the static and dynamic characteristics of an instrument in detail.
3)i) Describe the three general classes of errors in detail.
ii) Voltage across a resistor is= 200V, with probable error of= ± 2%, and the resistance is= 42 ohms with a probable error of= ± 1.5%. Compute the power dissipated in resistor and percentage error.
4) describe the sources of possible errors in instruments in detail.
5) Describe the essential requirements of a transducer in detail. Describe the operating principle of a transducer with a neat and suitable sketch.
6) Describe the kinds of strain gauges in detail with neat and suitable diagrams.
7) Design a neat sketch of a LVDT and describe its principle of operation in detail. prepare down its merits and applications.
8) describe in detail:
1) Mutual Inductive Transducer.
2) Equibar differential pressure transducer.
9) Describe the working principle of Digital displacement transducer with a neat and suitable diagram.
10) prepare technical notes on:
1) Optical Encoders
2) Magnetic Encoders
3) Piezoelectric Transducer.