1) Describe the loading effect on potentiometers in detail.
2) describe the principle of operation, construction and characteristics of thermistors.
3) Describe the construction of linear variable differential transformer with its suiatble circuit and obtain the expression for the phase shift?
4)(a) With the help of a neat diagram describe the operation of an equibar differential capacitive pressure transducer?
(b) Thickness measuring transducer system has a parallel plate capacitive sensors having a pair of area of 10cm x 20cm, thatr are separated by a distance of 0.02cm. A mica sheet of thickness 0.01± 0.001 cm is being passed between the plates. Compute the variation of capacitance when dielectric constant of mica is 8 and permittivity of air is 8.854 x 10-12 F/m.
5) describe the different piezoelectric coefficients with respect to a piezoelectric transducer?
6) With neat and suitable diagrams describe the following.
(a) Principle of fibre optic transducer.
(b) Fibre optic displacement sensor.
7) describe the following in detail:
a) Digital displacement transducer.
b) Shaft angle encoder.
8) prepare brief notes about:
(i) Magnetic encoder.
(ii) Variable reluctance type digital speed transducer.
(iii) Variable capacitance type digital speed transducer.