Describe the biological based on-site treatment of an industrial wastewater stream. The treatment system can be aerobic, anaerobic or a combination of both. Potential industries include, but not limited to: food; dairy; pharmaceutical; brewing; pulp and paper; chemicals etc..
Include in your discussions (using diagrams where appropriate):
• A brief outline of the overall industrial process (including what the final product(s) are);
• Source(s), strength and composition of the raw (untreated) waste stream(s) - this should include brief descriptions of what specific manufacturing or operational activities create the waste stream(s);
• The likely negative impacts that these waste streams would have on the environment if they are not treated;
• The layout and key operational parameters of the treatment plant (including the desired quality of the treated waste);
• Disposal/use of any end products generated by the treatment process (e.g., biological solids, biogas etc.).
Your report should be fully referenced within the text, including any pictures or diagrams used, and include an Abstract at the beginning (no more than 8 lines). The Abstract should be followed by an Introduction, and then individual Sections (e.g., on the overall industrial process, sources of the waste, the treatment plant etc.).
Finally, include a Conclusion section that provides an overall discussion of the key points arising from the entire report. The Conclusions should be no more than one page. Make sure you include at the end of the report a list of all References used in the text (make sure that you also indicate throughout the text those sections and/or diagrams that are referenced, and from which reference(s)).
On-line encyclopedias, such as Wikipedia, are not adequate as a reference - you must look at and quote the original source (e.g., journal article, book, technical report etc).