1) What do you mean by Backtracking? Describe in detail with suitable.
2) Describe Subset-sum Problem and describe the possible solution strategies using backtracking.
3) Describe the use of greedy method in solving knapsack problem and subset sum problem.
4) prepare brief notes on:
(a) Graph coloring
(b) 8-Queens problem
5) Apply Backtracking technique to solve the following instance of the subset sum problems. s=(1,3,4,5) & d=11 (16)
6) Describe 8-Queens problem with an algorithm. Describe why backtracking is defined as a default procedure of last resort for solving problems.
7) Using Backtracking enumerate how can you solve the problems given below:
(a) 8-queens problem
(b) Hamiltonian circuit problem.