1) Design the ellipse having major axis of 110 mm and minor axis of 70 mm using the concentric circles method. Design a tangent at any point on the ellipse.
2) Design a hyperbola given the distance between the foci as 100 mm and transverse diameter as 70 mm. Also design the asymptotes.
3) Circle of 40 mm diameter rolls on the straight line without slipping. In initial position, diameter PQ of the circle is parallel to the line on which it rolls. Design the locus of the points P and Q for one complete revolution of the circle.
4) Point 30 mm above xy is front view of two points P and Q. Top view of P is 45 mm above xy and that of Q is 40 mm below xy. Mark the projections of P and Q state their locations with respect to the reference planes.
5) Line PQ 70 mm long lies in HP and has its end P in both HP and the VP. It is inclined at 40o to VP. Design the projections of the line.