Answer the given problems of Methods in Behavioral Research:
1) What do you mean by replication, and what role does it play in increasing the external validity or generalizability of a study? In what manner is the IRB included in using participants in a research study?
2) What are the merits and demerits of using college students as participants in research studies?
3) What potential problems can occur from generalization of results to various cultures or ethnic groups?
4) What do you mean by meta-analysis, and how is it helpful to practitioners and scholars?
5) True or false: In most of the cases, Meta analyses involve computing an average effect size for a relationship between variables.
6) True or false: Most of the constructs, like physical attractiveness and self-esteem, appear constant across cultures; therefore, external validity is less of a concern when conducting research on such constructs. Give a brief description of your answer.
7) Summarize the major points of the course, emphasizing the significance of research to the psychology profession.