Using available evidence from companies or countries of your choice, examine whether firms (a) increasingly expect greater employee engagement and (b) get less engagement than is desired. What steps could managers take to improve levels of employee engagement, and how likely are these to be successful?
1) Require consideration of the literature on the relevant topic.
2) Require analysis of each of the relevant companies or countries.
3) Both topics require a comparison of company or country practice with the practice of other companies/countries.
4) Both topics require an analysis of company or country practice in light of ‘best practice’ recommendations in the relevant literatures.
5) You may draw on a variety of sources for information/data, including:
a) Documents e.g. company reports, vision statements, strategic plans, human resource plans, advertisements, job descriptions.
b) Participant observation e.g. what you observe/have experienced in your own organisations.
c) Company employee surveys.
d) National surveys by government, academics, employers’ organisations, employees organisations or other reputable organisations.
e) Interviews with leaders, managers, colleagues.
f) Articles in reputable newspapers or business publications.