Assessment 1: Annotated bibliography - individual
Construct an annotated bibliography.
• Are corporations obliged to help combat social problems?
• Is factory farming morally justifiable?
• Should employers screen potential employees on the basis of lifestyle, physical appearance or personality tests?
• When are wages fair?
• Do unions promote the interests of workers or infringe their rights?
• When, if ever, is an employee morally required to ‘blow the whistle'?
• Should employees ever use their positions inside an organisation to advance their own interests?
• Do drug tests violate employees' rights to privacy?
• What obligations does a worker have to outside groups such as customers, competitors or society in general?
The essay will use the same topic that was chosen for Assessment 1, the annotated bibliography. The topic for your annotated bibliography was phrased as a problem. It is this same problem that now forms the title of your essay and which the essay must address.
The essay requires:
• Research and review of the contemporary literature in the topic area.
• A range of references that should demonstrate breadth and depth of research.
• Industry and/or organisational exs to be incorporated into the essay as illustrative evidence.
• A original argument to be built through the use of critical thinking.
• Critical evaluation in the essay's conclusions.
• Appropriate and accurate use of the Harvard referencing system