Description of Assignment:
Students will prepare a 2500 word report (not including title page, executive summary, table of contents, table of figures, list of tables, or references). The assignment MUST be completed individually - this is NOT a group assignment. This project will require you to analyse and report on the e-business and e-commerce activities within your approved organisation (and industry) with the goals given below.
The purpose of this assignment is to enable students to critically evaluate all aspects of an organisation that engages in e-Commerce or e-Business, and communicate these key issues through a written report based on the problems released in every tutorial. Do NOT prepare a generic report: your report must be focused on your approved organisation, in the assigned industry, or your marks will be severely reduced.
The submission document must take the form of a well-researched academic report. Your discussion is to be well-supported by references from respected sources. You should include academic journals, books, and well-respected sources of related Internet material as you find are relevant (IMPORTANT: at least ten references and a good reference distribution are expected). Note: Wikipedia is not considered to be a valid reference.
You are required to use the supplied Assignment Format Guide to prepare your report. If your submission document does not conform to the supplied Guide and the following report structure, your marks will be severely reduced.
Students need to identify a suitable organisation to be used for the assignment. It is important to note that students MUST NOT make contact with any real organisation for the duration of this project. It will NOT be acceptable to use a fictitious organisation. Students should choose real companies for which reliable information is readily available: using libraries to identify relevant and useful books, journals, trade magazines, and archived print and online news media; as well as using the web to identify relevant and useful information from corporate websites, relevant industry, professional and technical websites, and online academic, government and professional reports, etc.
It is strongly recommended that students nominate an organisation as soon after they are assigned an industry, as is possible, to ensure that each student can get the organisation they prefer. Your lecturer will ensure that each student has a different organisation.
Report on the use of e-Business and e-Commerce in the Organisation and Industry
The report MUST include the following detail and sections:
1) Title Page (course, student and assignment details, with name of organisation and report word count).
2) Executive Summary (no more than one page in length précising the entire report).
3) Table of Contents (with additional Table of Figures and List of Tables, as appropriate).
5) General overview of the chosen organisation and its position and activities within the related industry.
6) Sections corresponding to tutorials 2-10, respectively, to address the problems/issues outlined in the tutorial. Each week addresses a different topic and will be presented as a different (numbered) section heading in the report.
7) Conclusion (including summary of Key Points identified from report and your Observations about future development of e-business systems in the organisation and industry).
8) (Optional) Appendices (only for material essential for supporting report but considered unnecessary in body of report – this material is included in word count)
9) Reference List (include only those resources cited in your report - all citations and references must be in correct APA format).