Topic: Business Strategy in Action.
The aim of this assignment is to give you a practical look in the business policy process at work in an organisation.
i. Select any state, local, national or international organisation with sufficient publicly available information to facilitate you to address the case study problems.
ii. Select the organisation you work for but note that you should clearly acknowledge where you are getting your information from (e.g., if the SWOT analysis comes from your annual business plan you should acknowledge this). Any information provided in your case study will be treated in confidence.
Guidelines for This Task:
Give a brief account of the history of company and trace the evolution of its policy over time. As part of this introduction, identify the organisation’s current operation and aim.
1. Conduct an analysis of organisation’s internal and external environment comprising its resources and abilities, and the nature of its competitive advantage.
2. On the basis of the internal and external analysis, identify the strategies which you think the company must pursue.
3. Identify the major stakeholder groups in your company. What claims do they place on the company and how is the company trying to satisfy those claims?
4. Find exs of recent changes in your company’s policy. What types of change did your company implement? Why did your company make these changes?
5. Critically analyse the organisation’s approach to ethics and social responsibility. Elucidate why the organisation takes the approach it does. Would you make any recommendations to enhance the organisation’s approach to ethics and corporate social responsibility?
6. Draw conclusions from the analysis that describes a way forward for the organisation that is supported by the outcomes of the analysis.
7. prepare a brief reflective critique of your experiences of relating the theory with practice that the whole group agrees with.
The aims of this assignment are:
- To provide you with an opportunity to describe and describe concepts addressed.
- To develop cognitive and practical skills by applying theoretical concepts to practical, organisational situations.
- To develop analytical skills by analysing situations and actions that management might take in response to a given situation.
- To develop research skills through in-depth research on this particular topic.
- To practice and develop presentation skills through formal case study reporting.