Mergers and acquisitions play a critical part in a corporation’s survival, growth, and profit strategies. Many great companies were built on a track record of mergers and acquisitions; they include G.E., Thompson, Alcan and Power Financial. Merger activity in Canada is at its highest level ever in Canada; therefore, HR professionals should add the ability to manage a merger as part of their skill set.
• Choose 2 organizations that tried to merge and failed and 2 organizations that achieved a successful merger.
• Identify and describe why the 2 organizations that your team selected failed to merge.
• Identify and describe how the 2 organizations that your team selected achieved a successful merger.
• Identify and describe the financial and human impacts of the successful mergers chosen by your team.
• describe the issues involved in blending the cultures of the 2 organizations that achieved successful mergers chosen by your team.
• Discuss how the successful mergers that your team chose affected the following areas of HR;
• HR planning
• Performance Appraisal
• Training and Development
• Labour Relations
• The report is error free (spelling/grammar/punctuation)
• The report is concise (communication is clear and to the point)
• The report is professional (easy to read, accurate in its content)