Research Analysis and Proposal:
For this assignment, you will do a brief secondary investigation of a problem of interest to you related to organizational culture (Chapter 2), individual differences (Chapter 3), or perceptions, attributions, and emotions (Chapter 4). For your secondary investigation, you will review at least three scholarly research manuscripts from the scientific literature about your problem, analyze and summarize those readings, and prepare a 6-page proposal that will consist of:
1) An overview of your research problem and study objective.
2) A theory that might frame or inform a research study into problem.
3) An analysis of your literature review, and how this literature informed your problem, complete with citations.
4) References to the manuscripts from your literature review, listed in APA format.
5) Who you "think" would participate in your research study.
6) A possible method and design for your research study.
7) The ways you might analyze the results, based on your proposed design.
8) What outcomes you would expect to find.
First, what looking for here is NOT a doctoral research proposal. Furthermore, you will probably not have much literature to rely upon as you have not conducted complete literature reviews.
Second, what looking for is a good initial effort on a research proposal in a topic that you may someday research in full detail. Find a topic that is related to an organizational behavior related problem that you are eager to learn more about.
Third, make sure to include the required scholarly references. Go to the Florida Tech library and do some searches under your topic area. Consider using the EBSCO database for that effort.
Fourth, make sure your proposal is no more than 8-10 pages (the fewer the better, and yes, this supersedes the instructions in the syllabus). But, please be thoughtful in how you address each heading in the outline.
Fifth, make sure you use APA formatting 6th edition.
Finally, what looking for is a good initial effort on what could eventually unfold into a full research design and product.