1) describe some of the activities of quality planning.
2) Describe what is the philosophy behind the ‘Management by Wandering Around’ (MBWA)?
3) Sketch the figure for depicting the customer satisfaction model.
4) Expand the term 5S. describe in detail.
5) In the foundry, the castings manufactured are inspected with respect to the four defects namely, core shift, below holes, honey combing and hot tear design. Develop a check sheet in order to gather the data on the total number of castings found defectives due to the respective above defects.
6) describe how the measures of central tendency are used in quality analysis?
7) Describe the reasons for benchmarking?
8) If the specifications are 10 + 2 or 10-2 for a particular quality characteristic and the average repair cost is `200, Find the loss at y = 11.
9) describe the purpose of ISO 9000 quality system?
10) describe how does the conceptual approach to ISO 14001 differ from ISO9001?