1. Conflicts can be resolved by withdrawing from them or suppressing them. This conflict-management method is termed as ________.
2. Adoration of a charismatic leader by followers can lead to:
a) Limiting suggestions of fixes and improvements.
b) A competitive work environment.
c) Greater understanding of the company mission.
d) Difficulty in developing a successor.
3. Which of the given statements is true with regard to the efficiency of tactics?
a) All tactics are uniformly effective with regard to upward influence.
b) Individuals from collectivist cultures are usually more probable to use soft tactics which reflect personal power.
c) The combination of a soft tactic with reasonable persuasion is more efficient than a combination of two hard tactics.
d) Soft tactics are less efficient than hard tactics whenever used individually.
4. ____________ is the biggest hurdle to overcome in a pay-for-performance plan.
a) Merit-pay increases
b) Compensation equation
d) Salary cap performance level
5. Mary arrives at her new job. Before she can start actually doing the work, she should complete a series of activities comprising role playing and virtual reality interactions. What kind of training method does Mary's new employer use?
a) On-the-job training
b) Information presentation
d) Organizational development