As a project manager for Advancement Corporation, you act as CEO's deputy. As such, you are granted authority to create and promote vision or direction of project: you should give a solution to this personnel crisis. Specifically, this means that it is regarded common knowledge all through organization that you, as project manager, have ability to recognize, plan, be catalyst to execute plan, and give closure for plan to address "raid" of corporation's key personnel by predatory executive search firm.
To recognize, plan, and execute this project, you should first create means for communicating with existing department heads in research and development and sales departments. Goals of these two departments should not only be met, they should be reconciled. Director of research and development contends which creating pharmaceuticals is critical role of Advancement Corporation. As such, she thinks the new recruiters must have expertise in recruiting and selecting scientists. In contrast, executive director of sales department thinks that actual selling of prescription drugs in doctors' offices and hospitals is the key to company's success.
As project manager, you should do the following:
1. Create list of 10 problems which will be asked of executive director of research and development and executive director of sales in a joint interview.
2. Give CEO with your strategy for dealing with this conflict between two executive directors. In doing so, you are to address the following:
- Which communication methods will you rely on to resolve potential disputes between these two directors?
- How will you plan this critical meeting between yourself and department heads? What will be agenda for meeting? Give the outline.
- In executing and giving closure for joint, voluntary, and crucially significant participation of these two executive directors, which specific goals will you attempt to gain joint agreement upon?
- How will you weigh whether and/or the degree to which these goals have been attained?