Ask Project Management Expert

Advanced Project Risk Management

Aim:

The aim of this assignment is to:

demonstrate the understanding of Decision Tree/Expected Monetary Value and the use of the software Precision Tree schedule a project using Oracle Primavera

Decision Tree/Precision Tree

A contractor working on an outdoor construction project in a coastal area is reviewing progress on August 1. If normal progress is maintained and no time is lost due to hurricanes, the job will be completed on August 31. However, due to the poor weather conditions in the area after August 16, there will be only a 40 percent chance of finishing on time. It is estimated that there is a 40 percent chance of a minor hurricane, which will cause a delay of 6 days. There is a 20 percent chance of a major hurricane, which will cause a delay of 12 days. It must be decided now whether to speed up the work from August 2 at an additional cost of $150 per day and finish the project on August 16 (i.e. in 15 days) or take the risk that a hurricane might occur in the project area before 31st August. In the event of a hurricane, the cost of the project delay would be $900 per day for first 6 days and $1200 per day for next 6 days.

Develop a decision tree for the above problem (you can use MS Word).

Using the Expected Monetary Value (EMV) technique to find out the best possible option. Show your workings.

Provide the solution to the above question using precision tree and provide related screen shots or print in word file.

Submit MS Word file (or Pdf) containing a, b and c. Also upload the excel file used with Precision Tree for part c.

Primavera Planner P6

You have recently been made a part of a team who is working to establish a "Project Office" or Project Management Office (PMO) in a large organisation. There are various briefing meetings that have already been held. As a result of those meetings a WBS, activity definitions activity durations and activity relationships all have been defined and summarised in an Excel Table (attached). The management has decided to use Primavera Planner P6 for scheduling of this project. You have learnt great deal about using Primavera in your uni days and have therefore raised your hand to take up this responsibility. All the team is now counting on your skills to put together a project plan in Primavera Planner P6.

Assume the project start date and working time. Also use appropriate Australian holidays/non- working days in your schedule. State these upfront.

Attachment:- Precision Tree.rar

Project Management, Management Studies

  • Category:- Project Management
  • Reference No.:- M93108537
  • Price:- $120

Guranteed 48 Hours Delivery, In Price:- $120

Have any Question? 


Related Questions in Project Management

Define quality management philosophy and identify which

Define quality management philosophy and identify which quality guru worked with Toyota to make it a success?

Case study continuous improvementintroductionprecision

Case study: Continuous Improvement Introduction Precision Engineering Works Private Limited (PEW) is an original equipment manufacturer specialising in plastic moulding parts for the telecommunication industry. They have ...

Annotated bibliographythis table lists criteria and

Annotated Bibliography This table lists criteria and criteria group name in the first column. The first row lists level names and includes scores if the rubric uses a numeric scoring method. Criteria Exemplary Competent ...

What is fast tracking and its impact on the project as it

What is fast tracking and its impact on the project as it relates to project management

1 what are the limitations in a scrum-of-scrum approach2

1: What are the limitations in a scrum-of-scrum approach? 2: why are corporate culture and values so important to successfully implement an agile project management approach? 3: Can you explain the situation where we mig ...

Case study and research project clairicationfinding a case

Case Study and Research Project Clairication Finding a case for the research project does not mean that you are limited to the company identified in the case. Rather it is to identify an issue identified in the case that ...

Assignment 1 the core values and principlesplease have the

Assignment 1: The Core Values and Principles Please have the following titles and include content as per assignment instructions under each paragraph: History of Agile project management. Philosophy and purpose of Agile ...

What is the current state or condition of information

What is the current state or condition of Information Technology Project Management? What are the challenges and complexities faces by many IT Project Managers of today?

Reflect on kotters 2007 steps for establishing a strategic

Reflect on Kotter's (2007) steps for establishing a strategic vision and buy-in for change. Describe how that framework can be applied to your strategic initiatives withinproject. Provide thoughts on how this could impro ...

1 what are some benefits and values of scheduling software

1) What are some benefits and values of scheduling software in a project schedule?

  • 4,153,160 Questions Asked
  • 13,132 Experts
  • 2,558,936 Questions Answered

Ask Experts for help!!

Looking for Assignment Help?

Start excelling in your Courses, Get help with Assignment

Write us your full requirement for evaluation and you will receive response within 20 minutes turnaround time.

Ask Now Help with Problems, Get a Best Answer

Why might a bank avoid the use of interest rate swaps even

Why might a bank avoid the use of interest rate swaps, even when the institution is exposed to significant interest rate

Describe the difference between zero coupon bonds and

Describe the difference between zero coupon bonds and coupon bonds. Under what conditions will a coupon bond sell at a p

Compute the present value of an annuity of 880 per year

Compute the present value of an annuity of $ 880 per year for 16 years, given a discount rate of 6 percent per annum. As

Compute the present value of an 1150 payment made in ten

Compute the present value of an $1,150 payment made in ten years when the discount rate is 12 percent. (Do not round int

Compute the present value of an annuity of 699 per year

Compute the present value of an annuity of $ 699 per year for 19 years, given a discount rate of 6 percent per annum. As