Ask Question, Ask an Expert

+1-415-315-9853

info@mywordsolution.com

Ask Project Management Expert

a) Tropical Sweets is thinking of a project which will cost $70 million and will produce expected cash flows of $30 million per year for next three years. Cost of capital for this kind of project is 10 percent and risk free rate is 6 percent. After discussions with marketing department, you learn that there is 30 percent chance of high demand, with future cash flows of $45 million per year. There is 40 percent chance of average demand, with cash flows of $30 million per year. If demand is low (a 30 percent chance), cash flows will be only $15 million per year. Determine the expected NPV?

Expected cash flow = (0.3 * 45) + (0.4 * 30) + (0.3 * 15) = 30 million

NPV = -70 + 30/1.1 + 30/(1.1)2 + 30/(1.1)3
NPV = -70 + 27.27 + 24.79 + 22.53
NPV = 4.59
NPV is $ 4.59

Do you believe this project must be taken or rejected? And describe why?

Project Management, Management Studies

  • Category:- Project Management
  • Reference No.:- M933272

Have any Question? 


Related Questions in Project Management

Assessmentnote the assessments in this course build upon

Assessment Note: The assessments in this course build upon each other, so you are strongly encouraged to complete them in sequence. Write a paper evaluating a project failure. (You can use a project you have worked on as ...

Choose any commercial passenger or freight airline next go

Choose any commercial passenger or freight airline. Next, go to their website. Select one market segment and answer the following in regards to their marketing mix. 1. What is the specific product or service you chose? 2 ...

Communicating project risksassignmentin previous weeks you

Communicating Project Risks Assignment: In previous weeks, you selected a project around which to develop your Risk Management Strategy and Plan Key Assignment. In Week 1, you crafted a letter to the project sponsor expl ...

1 identify a familiar product that recently was modified

1. Identify a familiar product that recently was modified, categorize the modification (quality, functional, or aesthetic), and describe how you would have modified it differently. 2. The characteristics of services affe ...

1 input for marketing information systems can come from

1. Input for marketing information systems can come from internal or external sources. Indicate two firms or companies in your city or town that might benefit from internal sources and two that would benefit from externa ...

Project management and erppart 1 answer the module review

Project Management and ERP Part 1: Answer the module review questions listed below. 1. What is the role of a project manager and program manager? What are the skills, knowledge, and abilities required to be a project man ...

Jan kottas is the owner of a small company that produces

Jan Kottas is the owner of a small company that produces electric knives used to cut fabric. The annual demand is for 8,000 knives, and Jan produces the knives in batches. On average, Jan can produce 150 knives per day; ...

Contribution paperyou will write a 2 - 4 page paper about

Contribution Paper You will write a 2 - 4 page paper about your experience in forming your organization. Talk about your team process. Your team has the interesting challenge of working from remote locations as a virtual ...

An elastoplastic bar is clamped at the left end and

An elastoplastic bar is clamped at the left end, and variable displacements are applied at the right end, as shown in the table. Plot the stress-strain curve by changing the tip displacement by 1 mm increments. Assume th ...

Search for sample security policies on the web identify

Search for sample security policies on the Web. Identify five EISP and five ISSP sample policies and bring them to class. Compare these with the framework presented in this chapter and comment on the policies' comprehens ...

  • 4,153,160 Questions Asked
  • 13,132 Experts
  • 2,558,936 Questions Answered

Ask Experts for help!!

Looking for Assignment Help?

Start excelling in your Courses, Get help with Assignment

Write us your full requirement for evaluation and you will receive response within 20 minutes turnaround time.

Ask Now Help with Problems, Get a Best Answer

Section onea in an atwood machine suppose two objects of

SECTION ONE (a) In an Atwood Machine, suppose two objects of unequal mass are hung vertically over a frictionless

Part 1you work in hr for a company that operates a factory

Part 1: You work in HR for a company that operates a factory manufacturing fiberglass. There are several hundred empl

Details on advanced accounting paperthis paper is intended

DETAILS ON ADVANCED ACCOUNTING PAPER This paper is intended for students to apply the theoretical knowledge around ac

Create a provider database and related reports and queries

Create a provider database and related reports and queries to capture contact information for potential PC component pro

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic, social, and demographic trends affecting the US labor environmen