1) The schedule change control system includes:
A) Requirements for reporting schedule performance
B) Requirements for measuring schedule performance
C) Methods for assessing magnitude of schedule variations
D) Approval levels essential for authorizing schedule changes
2) An activity has the early start date of 10th and a late start date of the 19th. The activity also has duration of 4 days. There are no nonworkdays. From the information given, what could be concluded about activity?
A) Total float for the activity is 9 days.
B) The early finish date of activity is the end of the day on the 14th.
C) The late finish date is the 25th.
D) The activity could be completed in 2 days if the resources devoted to it are doubled.
3) Several types of float are found in project networks. Float that is used by particular activity and does not affect float in later activities is called:
A) Extra float
B) Free float
C) Total float
D) Expected float
4) The main difference between PERT and CPM is that PERT:
A) Uses distribution’s mean (expected value) in computing schedule
B) Uses the most likely estimate to compute float
C) Focuses on computing float to find out which activities have the least scheduling flexibility
D) Includes non-sequential activities like loops or conditional branches as part of the diagram
5) In project time management, crashing means:
A) Reducing project duration by redefining logical relationships
B) Reducing computer network downtime for schedule risk modeling
C) Applying additional resources to all project activities
D) Applying additional resources to critical path activities by priority
6) During activity definition, a team member identifies the activity which needs to be accomplished. Though, another team member believes that activity is not part of project as interpreted by project charter. What must the project manager do?
A) Try to build the consensus of the team.
B) Make the decision about inclusion herself
C) Talk with the end-user
D) Talk with the project sponsor
7) You are five-and-a-half months of work, project is on schedule and budget, but the project sponsors are not satisfied with the deliverables. This situation would delay the project completion by one month. The MOST important process that can have prevented this situation is:
A) Risk monitoring and control
B) Schedule control
C) Scope planning
D) Scope change management
8) You are a project manager on a US $5,000,000 software development project. While working with your project team to develop the network diagram, your data architects suggest that quality can be improved if the data model is approved by senior management before moving on to other design elements. They support this suggestion with the article from leading software development journal. This type of input is called a(n):
A) Mandatory dependency
B) Discretionary dependency
C) External dependency
9) A project manager is asking team members about time estimates for their tasks and developing agreement on the calendar date for each task. In which of the following actions is the project manager involved?
A) Activity sequencing
B) Schedule development
C) Scope definition
10) During execution, a main problem occurred that was not included in risk response plan. What must you do FIRST?
A) Create a workaround
B) Revaluate the risk identification process
C) Look for any unexpected effects of the problem
D) Tell management