1. Suppose a situation in which project manager (a generalist) is asked to give evaluation of functional employee (a specialist). Can project manager effectively estimate functional employee on technical performance? If not, then on what information can project manager base his or her evaluation? Can grade-7 generalist estimate a grade -12 specialist?
2. Is it possible to establish formal organizational procedures (either at project level or company-wide) for resolution of conflicts? If procedure is established, what can go wrong?
3. Is it possible for project managers to improve their time management skills by knowing "energy cycle" of their people? Can this energy cycle be function of hour of the day, day of week, or whether overtime is required?
4. How do you tackle project manager or project engineer who continually tries to "bite off more than he or she can chew"? If he or she were efficient at managing these projects, at least temporarily, would your answer change? describe fully
5. How must project manager tackle situation in which functional manager or employee seems to have more loyalty to his profession, discipline, or expertise than to project? Describe fully.