“Egypt in Turmoil" Please respond to the following:
- describe the causes of the turmoil in Egypt in early 2011.
- Elaborate on at least two perspectives on the situation.
- Appraise the prospects for the Muslim brotherhood in Egypt now that that country is in turmoil.
"The United States and Central America" Please respond to the following:
The United States has repeatedly intervened in the affairs of many Latin American countries in the past century based upon the Monroe Doctrine and the Roosevelt Corollary.
- Briefly describe the two doctrines, and give an ex of how each one has been applied in Central America.
- Select an ex of U.S. intervention in a Latin American country. describe the reasons for the intervention and the outcome.
- Was the U.S. justified in doing this in your opinion? describe your answer
Assignment 2 - The Cold War and U.S. Diplomacy
Note- Select one President.
Select a president from the below, “Presidents and Their ‘ Doctrines,’” Then prepare a 3 page paper on the doctrine.. Your research must include at least four (4) credible sources, apart from your textbook.
1,Truman 2, Eisenhower 3, Kennedy 4, Johnson 5, Nixon 6, Ford 7, Carter, 8, Reagan
Your paper must address the following:
- Summarize a situation that required U.S. diplomatic efforts during the president’s time in office.
- Explicate the diplomatic doctrine the president followed, with reference to specific actions or events that occurred.
- Describe the effects of these diplomatic efforts for the U.S. and other countries.
- Assess, in conclusion, the advantages and disadvantages of the particular doctrine that was followed.
- Cite at least four (4) reputable sources in addition to the textbook, not including Wikipedia, encyclopedias, or dictionaries.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the tile of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify the cultural, economic, and political context of information resources, and interpret information in light of that context.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in international problems.
- prepare clearly and concisely about international problems using proper writing mechanics.