You are a research analyst with the large research and development firm, Akron Research. The firm performs studies and analysis for companies which need product, process improvement, manufacturing, and consulting research services.
You have been allotted to create comprehensive research strategy and plan and create proposal outline for customer-driven project. After you complete your review of project, you will have to choose topic and decide research methodology which will be applied. Then you will have to create research design to include topic, purpose statement, literature review, research problem and hypothesis, and analysis and report writing format. At laast, you will have to present research proposal outline for customer approval. As you may or may not be one actually conducting research, you should have detailed research design plan which can walk researcher or team through entire research process for this project.
- Describe how research topics are selected.
- Describe the importance of the purpose statement.
- Describe how research problems and hypothesis are developed. These must be succinct, yet as detailed as possible.
- Describe the null and alternative hypothesis and how they support research effort.
- Describe how research effort will be measured and analyzed.
- Include discussion of different research report formats and documentation which will be required for each of research methods. (Qualitative, Quantitative, Mixed, Action)
- Describe how to conduct a literature review to support the research effort. describe how to create annotated bibliography and how it can be applied to effectively support research effort.
- Describe the significance of ethical and legal responsibilities in research project.