You're interested in conducting research concerning police officers and their jobs. The information you want to gather, including job satisfaction or job hazards, is up to you as long as you clearly state the goal of your research. The method you use should be appropriate for the goal of your research.
Develop a 1,050- to 1,750-word paper addressing what you have learned about criteria for criminal justice research, specifically with regards to what research method is appropriate in your proposal.
Address the following problems:
- What is the goal or purpose behind your proposed research?
- What type of interview structure would you use? Why?
- What would be some problems you would ask? Why?
- What are some distinct advantages of a qualitative data-gathering strategy, such as participant observation, over more quantitative approaches?
- When conducting survey research, how important is informed consent and confidentiality?