prepare down a review of the research study on forcible, drug-facilitated, and incapacitated rape and sexual assault between undergraduate women (one of the required readings for this module). The information can be more easily located by a purposeful scanning than careful reading of the article. The abstract of a research article normally provides three kinds of information: 1) The research problem/objectives, 2) data collection methods, and 3) primary finding(s). Your review should include the following information.
1. What are the objectives of the study (e.g., the problems that the study was intended to answer)?
2. What was the focus of the writing before it moves to Methods?
3. What method did the authors use in collecting data to answer their research problems? (e.g., Experimentation? Sample survey? Self-Report? Secondary data analysis? Content analysis? ) Give a brief description. Do NOT describe sampling issues.
4. What variables did the authors study? Which variable is the dependent variable? describe how you decided which variable is the dependent variable.
5. What makes the writing of this research report different from articles you read in news magazines such as Time and Newsweek?