1. Which of the following is not the ex of sales promotion?
a. Banner ad on AOL's stock page.
b. Bumper sticker that says, "Drink more milk."
c. Samples of a new low-fat snack cracker given away at a supermarket.
d. Display of fishing equipment by a sporting goods store in a shopping mall.
e. Small toy in a kid's "happy meal" at McDonald's.
2. Boomerang, Inc. has created a really new product and firm's marketing manager is worried that consumers may not purchase product as it is such a dissimilar way of satisfying basic need. Promotion blend for new product probably must emphasize ____________ advertising during market introduction.
3. Brand manager who puts together promotion blend for Yummy Mondaes must:
a. Realize that right blend depends more on what customers expect than what firm wishes to accomplish.
b. Find out who the firm is trying to influence.
c. Find out the one right promotion blend and then implement it.
d. Be primarily concerned with informing rather than persuading.
4. In its ads, General Mills highlights benefits of its Milk 'n Cereal breakfast bars over Kellogg's breakfast bars. This is ____________ advertising.
5. Farmer's cooperative in California is sponsoring TV ads aimed at getting Americans to eat more garlic. Ads do not mention any brand names. This is the ex of ______________ advertising.
c. indirect competitive