1. Which of the following is not a location option that management can consider in location planning?
a. expand an existing facility
b. add a new location
c. relocate from one location to another
d. do nothing
e. all are possible options
2. A system is comprised of two separate units which must both function in order for the system to perform as intended. The reliability of one is 0.4, and the reliability of the other is 0.5. The overall system reliability is:
3. The probability that a product will wear out within a given amount of time is often described by the:
a. beta distribution
b. binomial distribution
c. negative exponential distribution
d. normal distribution
e. uniform distribution
4. A point which is outside of lower control limit on an range chart:
a. is an indication that no cause of variation is present.
b. should be ignored because it signifies better than average quality.
c. should be investigated because an assignable cause of variation might be present.
d. should be ignored unless another point is outside that limit.
e. is impossible since the lower limit is always zero.
5. Which of the following is not a step in quality control process?
a. define what is to be controlled.
b. compare measurements to a standard.
c. eliminate all defects found.
d. take corrective action if necessary.
e. evaluate corrective action.