1. What is a common heating system for school gymnasiums?
A. Unit ventilators
B. Electric baseboard
C. Underfloor thermal storage
D. Ceramic heaters
2. When a low-voltage thermostat with a thermal relay calls for heat, which of the following best describes what happens?
A. Voltage is applied across the relay heater, causing the contacts to close.
B. Voltage is applied across the relay heater, causing the contacts to open.
C. The mercury switch closes.
D. The pilot valve operates.
3. What is the best electric system for a residential building where cost is the primary concern, and air circulation is important?
A. Heat pump
C. Central warm-air furnace
D. Radiant glass panels
4. Which of the following controls can automatically reduce heating levels when the building is unoccupied for long periods of time and heat isn't needed?
A. Damper control
B. Sensing element
C. Thermostat with a bimetallic element
D. Program clock
5. Which of these choices is the most expensive electric system to operate?
B. Program clock
C. Heat pump
D. Radiant ceiling