1) What were the most significant changes in the structure and organization of the Roman Empire from the reign of Augustus to that of Justinian?
2) What were the most significant features of the growth of the Catholic Church as an institution in the Roman world?
3) describe how did Golden Age and Silver Age preparers differ? What did the preparers of each period owe to the Hellenistic world? In what manners were these preparers distinctly Roman?
4) What did the church fathers have in common with one other? What did they have in common with the secular preparers who preceded them?
5) What did the Christian visual arts owe to pagan art? In what manners did Christian and pagan art vary?