1. What is the relationship between employee training and employee development? Are both necessary within an organization? Which is more important to an organization's development and why?
2. In your opinion, what is the best way to deliver policies, procedures, and training to employees working abroad? How do human resource management (HRM) policies differ for multinational companies compared with single-nation companies? How do training and development programs differ for multinational organizations compared with single-nation companies? describe your answer
3. Common employee development methods include job rotation, assistant-to positions, committee assignments, lecture courses and seminars, simulations, and outdoor training. Select one employee development method. What are the pros and cons of this method? Describe a workplace situation in which this type of development method would be most beneficial.
4. How does evaluation affect employee training? What evaluation methods could HRM use to ensure training programs meet organizational and legal requirements? How does diversity affect employee training and development?
5. What is the goal of employee development? How does employee development affect organizational development? Do you think an organization should develop its own employee training program or should it be outsourced and why?
6. Should HRM be responsible for career development? Why or why not? What are the advantages or disadvantages of promoting career development?