1. Define and provide exs of the following terms: addictive consumption, compulsive consumption, and consumed consumers.
2. What is the difference between a subculture and an ethnic subculture?
3. Of the four conflicts that characterize teenagers, which would be more of an issue in Asian societies where conformity is highly valued?
4. What is the relationship between motivation, need, drive, goal, and wants?
5. Research has shown Kinsei engineering can be an effective way to design products. describe how Kinsei engineering works and provide an illustration that demonstrates your understanding.
6. Discuss the differences between autonomic and syncratic buying decisions. describe how gender convergence affects buying decisions for a married couple.
7. Both the Fishbein model and the extended Fishbein model attempt to measure the influence of attitudes. What was the flaw in the original model and what was added in the extended model to correct this flaw?
8. A professor came to class dressed in a formal shirt and tie. He stated that he would like to describe the concept of self. He took off his tie and shirt. Underneath he had on a t-shirt with a picture of a handsome tennis player on the front. Then the professor turned around to show a picture of a cartoon clown on the back. "All of these are who I am," he said. What point was the professor trying to make and what did his choice of varying dress forms and associated iconic symbols most likely represent?
9. Demonstrate how a marketer could use neuromarketing to advance the cause of his product. You may use any ex you choose for your demonstration.
10. According to exchange theory, what might occur if a salesperson interacts with an assertive consumer?