I am in charge of sales and marketing of industrial sugar . Have a new order for a very specific sugar product, that should start production in 12 months time. For this, one of our plants should undergo significant adaptations to the current site which will include the addition of a new piece of equipment and a large extension to the plant. The Operations Manager, who is responsible for the factory has given a firm no - however, this is the best option available.
What can be done in this situation to convince the Operations Manager to take on the manufacture of this new product?
- How might I influence the Operations Manger round to your way of thinking?
- How might I overcome their objections?
- Who else might I involve?
- What are the alternative approaches ?
- What negotiation skills can be used and why?