1) Describe the meaning of the name, Islam.
2) Describe the fundamental concepts of Islam.
3) describe the practices of Islam.
4) describe the goals of Islam.
5) describe the view of authority in Islam.
The Qur'an serves as the main source of information and authority for Muslims, much as the Bible does for Christians. With this in mind, assess Islam's historical influences on law, philosophy, and the arts in the Muslim world. prepare down a 1 to 2 paragraph response for each of the given problems. Give illustrations to describe your thinking.
1) Describe the legal ideal in Islamic law? How does the Qur'an inform and guide Muslims in attaining this ideal?
2) Describe the relationship between philosophy and theology in Islam? Is it acceptable for Muslims to hold separate philosophical and theological beliefs?
3) What artistic themes are regularly expressed in the Islamic art and architecture? How are these themes explored? How has the Qur'an affected the development of art in the Islamic world?