1. Human resource planning is considered the most important component of the human resource management (HRM) structure. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? describe your answer. How does human resource planning influence an organization?
2. Fundamentals of Human Resource Management introduces five job analysis methods including observation, individual interview, group interview, structured problemnaire, technical conference, and diary method. Select two job analysis methods. For each method chosen, describe a situation which is most appropriate to apply the job analysis method. What are some disadvantages associated with each method you have chosen?
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of employee referrals? As an employer, what other recruiting strategy might you utilize? Do you believe online recruiting websites are an effective recruiting strategy? describe your answer.
4. Does your organization incorporate technological advances in its interview of staffing strategies? How effective are these technologies? Name some technologies HRM could possibly use in the interview or staffing process. What would be the advantages or disadvantages of these technologies?
5. Employee selection methods introduced in Ch. 7 of Fundamentals of Human Development include applications, employment tests, interviews, background investigations, and medical or physical examinations. Select three selection methods that you feel are most useful. For each selection method chosen, discuss the reliability and validity of the method. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the selection methods you have chosen?