1) What are criterion validity and construct validity? Give an ex of each for a test of Language (Word) Skills.
2) The researcher who created the "Math Skills" test noted in his manual that scores on this test, when it was taken in High School, correlated .6 to .8 with university Math grades. What was he trying to establish? Did he succeed?
3) Who established ethical standards for people using psychological tests? List three things that a test giver must do in order to meet ethical standards.
4) Describe the contents (generally) and philosophy of the Wechsler family of tests (WAIS, WISC, WPPSI).
5) What is the normal curve? Why do we rely on it so much in psychmetrics? Draw a normal curve and put IQ scores and T scores along the bottom of it (approximately).
6) Describe ONE personality test (any one). Say what its purpose is and describe generally what it contains.
7) Describe ONE vocational test (any one). Say what its purpose is and describe generally what it contains.
8) What are culture-fair tests? Do you think we can ever really create one? Why or why not?