The purpose of this worksheet is to help you better understand what statuses and roles are and how they influence our behavior. This worksheet will also help you prepare for Milestone Two by getting you to begin breaking down an issue into sociological concepts. This activity is adapted from Ferris, K., & Stein, J. (2014). The real world: An introduction to sociology. New York, NY: W. W. Norton.
Answer the following questions in the Module Three Worksheet. You will need to answer each question as it relates to each of the three different statuses you identified. Your answers to these questions as well as your ability to clearly convey your responses will be graded using the rubric below.
1. Describe three different statuses that you occupy in society.
2. Identify whether each status is ascribed or achieved.
3. Explain what the role expectations are for each status.
4. Provide one example of role conflict.
5. Provide one example of role strain.
6. Provide one example of a status that might be subject to social inequalities. For example, mothers tend to make less money in the workplace, an experience known as the motherhood penalty.
Guidelines for Submission: This assignment will be completed using the worksheet provided. All citations should be completed using APA format.