1. The best place to locate a thermostat is on an:
A. outside wall near a window.
B. inside wall near an outside door.
C. inside wall by a baseboard radiator.
D. inside wall in a draft-free area.
2. Which of the given kinds of heating systems is often installed with a humidistat to improve fresh air exchange?
A. Radiant ceiling cable
B. Panel heaters
C. Hydronic heating system
D. Resistance baseboard
3. The amount of time it takes for one Btu to flow across one square foot of surface when there is a 1 degree F temperature difference from one side of the material to the other is known as:
A. the insulating factor.
B. a material's R-value.
C. thermal capacity.
D. internal heat gain.
4. The edges of the concrete slab in underfloor thermal-storage systems are insulated to:
A. block heat from getting into the building.
B. prevent heat loss through soil to the outside.
C. support the weight of the concrete slab.
D. prevent water from entering the building.
5. What is the internal heat gain, in kW, from a factory with 20 kW of lighting (surface-mounted), 10 kW of running motors, and 10 people doing light benchwork?