The Dallas Chamber of Commerce is an organization invested in health and prosperity of the Dallas business community and residents. As part of our strategic objectives established in our “Blueprint for Economic Prosperity” the Chamber is seeking to endorse business and community partnerships. Since part of this initiative we are looking for one business that can make a flagship program or event which would show accurate social responsibility and community engagement in the Dallas area.
The selected program/event must address the following areas:
• A social need that is specific to Dallas community
• Highlights the partnership of business and community
• Allows for engagement/participation by both business leaders and residents
• Doesn’t place an unreasonable financial burden on Chamber
Proposal Response Requirements
• Provide background information regarding your company and either the non-profit agency or social cause.
• Give at least one case study regarding preceding work done with a non-profit agency
• Clearly find out the specific significant need/social issue in Dallas area
- Why is this need significant to the Dallas area?
- Why do you think this require exists?
- How is this need/issue influencing the Dallas area?
• Clearly elucidate the connection between your business and this social need
• In detail elucidate your program/event and how this will assist/improve the social need you have identified
• Include a clear plan of action that details the program, campaign, or event. Included in this plan of action must be:
- An implementation timeline
- Staffing and/or volunteer requirements
- Budget and cost requirements
• Provide 3 letters of recommendation from either previous clients or previous non-profit agencies
• Consists of any detailed assumptions that were made (if necessary)
When submitting the response please make sure it meets the following guidelines:
• Be approximately 15 pages in length, including cover page, full proposal and works cited
• Five external sources must be cited
• A cover page with project slogan and image
• Incorporate at least one graph/chart into your proposal
Schedule of Events
Below is the timetable for the RFP process:
RFP Release Date January 26, 2012
Q/A session with Chamber rep March 22, 2012
Written responses submitted to Chamber April 19, 2012
Formal presentations made to Chamber April 24, 2012
April 26, 2012
Evaluation period April 27 – May 2 2012
Anticipated award date May 3, 2012