Go to the Library to conduct your research on three large (law enforcement) agencies. Describe the missions of the three agencies, its organizational structure, and the major areas of its services. Compare what you have designed for a mission statement for your agency in your discussion board against the actual mission statements of working law enforcement agencies.
1. How does your mission statement compare with the three agency statements?
2. Was there something that you could have added to your statement? To their statement?
3. The allocation of personnel may fit the area for the law enforcement agencies within their jurisdictions.
4. Do you think that they can improve on this allocation? How?
5. Do you believe that the allocation of their personnel is adequate? Why?
Suppose that your law enforcement agency is having problems and needs to redefine its structure. They have hired you to look at the department from the "ground up" and have asked for your suggestions. Based on your readings this week, show me what you would suggest for the following:
What would be the main focus of YOUR law enforcement agency. (the mission statement)
How would you allocate personnel to fulfill the duties of the department?
describe how the allocation of personnel to the various units would have an effect on the performance of other units.
Make sure that you state if this is a large city department or a small rural department. The organization of these two departments may vary greatly.