Suppose that a traffic stop resulted in arresting someone for 15 g of heroin possession:
No witness statements are available.
The heroin seized totaled was 15 grams and field tested positive.
Suppose that he was cooperative.
Suppose the offense occurred in Michigan.
- What should be the 3 main components of an initial report?
- Which of the 3 components do you feel is the most important?
- What are the functions of the narrative section of a report?
- Do you feel that the narrative is important?
- How should a narrative section should be written?
- What challenges do you think can exist due to a poorly written narrative on a police report?
- What best practices should employed when writing police reports.