Conformity and Compliance Assignment
Social Psychology attempts to discuss the social forces which affect attitudes and actions. Topics on Prejudice and Stereotyping, Attribution Theory, and power of social roles are significant for psychologists to understand. Zimbardo’s Prison Experiment shows how in-groups / out-groups conform to external standards and clearly describe stereotypical roles.
Review Zimbardo’s Prison Experiment by using link "Zimbardo's Prison Study" link in the Supporting Lesson Links folder.
By using Zimbardo’s Prison, address the following topics:
• Recognize social roles in society where Conformity, Stereotyping occur, and Prejudice.
• Discuss how social roles lead to conformity, and hypothesize why individuals misplace themselves in such roles.
• How may leaders prevent abuse of the social roles between their employees or other authority figures?
• Illustrate how our social roles dictate our positions in society and how we can enables cohesiveness to achieve the group’s goal devoid of demonstrating Prejudice and Stereotyping.
• Does obedience to authority describe Nazi Germany? If so, could it happen again? Using your understanding of the Conformity and Social Roles, discuss your answer.
prepare down a 500-700 word paper addressing the theory of the conformity, and using instances from Zimbardo and your own understandings, to answer the related problems. Give at least two (2) credible outside references.