Description of Assignment
Select a company of your choice. You are to analyse, evaluate and critique the company’s approach to Innovation Management. Identify who the key player/s is/are? Comment on the type of entrepreneurship style adopted by the key player/s and comment on the kind of environment, both internal and external that the company operates in. Finally, what strategic changes can you recommend if any, to improve the company’s management of their innovation to sustain the business.
Students are free to choose any company of their choice. International Companies like Apple, PIXAR, Google, Samsung and HTC just to name a few, are ideal choices. There are also interesting regional case studies like OSIM, AirAsia, Qian Hu Ornamental Fish Farm, Hyflux and SIA that is worth exploring as well.
• Trott P., (2012), Innovation Management and New Product Development, 5th Edition, FT Prentice Hall.
• Lambing P.A. and Kuehl C.R., (2007), Entrepreneurship, 4th Edition, FT Prentice Hall.
• Mazzarol (2011) - Entrepreneurship and Innovation, 2nd Edition, Tilde University Press
The purpose of the assessment is to evaluate the student’s understanding of the course materials and his/her ability to apply the acquired knowledge to the type of problems that may be encountered in the working environment.
Upon the completion of this module, the students must achieved the following intended learning outcomes:
1. To be able to evaluate the philosophies and theories behind entrepreneurial behaviour, incorporating the entrepreneurial personality. Differentiate between entrepreneurs, techno entrepreneurs, serial entrepreneurs, intra entrepreneurs and minority entrepreneurs, and in addition critically review their similarities, differences and the methods of management of these different groups
2. To be able to critically assess organizations characteristics that facilitates the innovation process. Plan and implement activities, which will establish an innovative environment within an organizations structure
3. To be able to analyse a company’s strategic approach to Innovation Management including company culture and the role of the individual in the process and as a result recommend strategic changes to improve a company’s Innovation Management
4. To be able to underpin work with reference to supporting literature, up to date research and appropriate entrepreneurial and/or innovation-related case studies.
Written Report instructions
• prepare your name and student ID clearly on the Acknowledgement Form as well as the mark sheet.
• Your assignment should be typewritten.
• 1½ line spacing with font Times New Roman 11.
• Include Table of Contents and insert page number at every page.