Reflect on the prior instructor-led learning experience in which you were the student. You might choose a training course or a classroom course.
Address the following problems:
- What were you hoping to learn from the learning experience?
- What process or model do you think the instructor followed when planning the learning experience?
- What indicated to you that the learning experience was well planned and met applicable standards?
- How well did the learning experience meet your needs?
- There are many different methods for lesson planning. In Methods for Effective Teaching, you were introduced to the linear-rational, mental-image, and backward design methods. If you had been the instructor, which of these models would you have used to design your learning experience? Why?
- If you had been the instructor, what role would standards play in your planning of this learning experience?