Throughout this course your task will be to assume the role of an adviser with the responsibility of overseeing, coaching, counseling, and mentoring about 50 college students. This quarter you will specifically be meeting with one student e.g. international ot who is just getting started in higher education and always appears to have problems about college classes, careers, finances, management time, life, and many other issues. You will have four phases to analyze, assess, advise, guide, direct, suggest, recommend, and advocate for this student and then one other phase to make recommendations about yourself based on what you have learned while mentoring.
Read articles and visit websites on time management, study skills, and test-taking anxiety. Then complete the following assignments:
- Recognize five of Chris's greatest challenges as his classes begin.
- Devise a 5 step plan for Chris to better manage his time.
- Research different learning styles, and based on what you know about Chris, make a recommendation to Chris on what may work best from these options: three senses (auditory, visual, and kinesthetic), two reasoning types (deductive and inductive), and two environments (intrapersonal and interpersonal).
- Identify three ways that Chris's thinking can be improved.
- Recommend the top five priorities for this weekend's activities giving Chris an opportunity to do all that has to be done while still having some fun as well.
Please provide references.