You have been recently promoted as junior vice president of human resources at your organization. You need to prepare your first presentation on appropriate communication to a group of 20 newly hired employees for their orientation. The profile of the group is as follows:
- 15 entry-level with no corporate experience, of which 5 have no job experience whatsoever.
- 5 upper-level hires, of which 3 hold higher designations than yours. Their age ranges between 17 to 55 years.
- Of these 20, 6 are Hispanic, 2 are Asian, 2 are African-American, and 10 are Caucasian.
- 60% of the group are women.
- 2 disabled employees, one of whom has a hearing disability while the other uses a wheelchair.
Perform an audience analysis while planning your presentation. Ensure that you consider issues such as arrangement of the room, content and length of the presentation, and handouts and visual aids.