i) You are a Project Manager and have been asked to manage project schedule for a given project. Project primarily involves building prototype product, testing it, and obtaining customer approval.
ii) The project activities, durations, and predecessors are shown below:
Task Name Duration Predecessors
1 Assemble Team 7 days 0
2 Define Project Scope 7 days 1
3 Develop SOW 7 days 1
4 Build Prototype 5 days 2
5 Create Project Plan 10 days 3
6 Load Firmware 9 days 4
7 Perform System Testing 7 days 5,6
8 Create Production Plan 5 days 5
9 Obtain Customer Approval 4 days 7,8
iii) Suppose that project begins on 3/4/2010 and that project team works each day of week (i.e., including Saturdays and Sundays). Respond to the following below:
(1) Make the Activity-on-Node network diagram (use Microsoft Visio or some other graphics tool).
(2) Compute and state the ES (early start), LS (late start), EF (early finish), and LF (late finish) values (place into the diagram).
(3) Compute and state Total Slack values for each activity (place into the diagram).
(4) Determine the critical path?
(5) What is the projected project end date?
(6) If Load Firmware activity (i.e., Activity 6) duration increases to 11 days, does this change project end date? Why? If so, what is the new end date?