The judge has decided to place the offender caught with 17g of heroin on a term of probation for 5 years. It was discovered through the presentence investigation report that he has serious addiction issues. Since the offender has failed treatment in the past, it was decided that he would be placed into a drug court program.
1. Locate and research two state drug court programs.
2. Compare and contrast both programs.
3. Are these programs effective? Why or why not?
4. Develop a new program for a fictional state using the advantages of each existing program.
5. Why were these programs selected?
6. Discuss why you think your program will be effective.