Assume that you are working on a two-million-dollar procurement for the purchase of vehicles for the fleet of trucks and cars to be employed by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection. Such vehicles will be employed for off-road driving on dirt roads in Arizona. Your manager has asked you to choose the kind of contract to be employed for the vehicle purchase.
Select to respond to this scenario from the government or a contractor viewpoint. If you choose government, then you will complete the assignment as if you are a government employee (or military personnel) receiving the proposal from the contractor. If you choose contractor, then you will complete the assignment as if you are a contractor employee submitting the proposal to the government.
prepare down a four to six page paper in which you:
1. Inspect the kinds of contracts and performance-based acquisition. Choose the kind of contract you would like to employ for the vehicle purchase.
2. Assess the pros and cons of sealed bidding contracts and negotiated contracts, emphasizing which one would be finest for this purchase.
3. Find out the responsibilities of the contracting officer throughout the proposal assessment process.
4. Evaluate the needs for performance-based acquisitions.
5. Make requirements for the vehicle purchase which could be comprised in a performance-based contract with rationale.
6. Use at least four quality academic resources in this assignment.
Note: Wikipedia and other Websites don't meet the criteria as academic resources.